(From October Issue of the Simcha Tree)
As Tishri rolls into Cheshvan and September rolls into October, we leave another holiday season behind us. Yet the experiences we shared will resonate in our synagogue for a long time to come. How gratifying it was to see so many of you in shul as, together, the Tree of Life*Or L’Simcha community welcomed the New Year.
For me as your Rabbi, there were some very moving movements as we prayed together as a congregation, as we discussed some very important and game-changing ideas, and as I had the opportunity to greet so many of you personally.
The vast majority of comments have been positive, encouraging, and supportive. The negative comments have been few. Your support as we move forward as a congregation is crucial to our continued growth and success.
Thank you, thank you to all of you for your participation and support!
Here is a brief list of some programs that we all should be aware of:
- Trip to Israel – let us know of your interest!
- Zugot – our wonderful program for young families, couples, and individuals.
- Mini Mensches – an exciting new program for our 4-, 5- and 6-year-olds.
- Tuesday Night Adult Study
Basic Judaism with Rabbi Chuck 6:15 p.m.
Talmud Study with Rabbi Chuck 7:30 p.m.
- Monday Night Teen Programs
- Confirmation 5774
- The Leadership Forum with Alex Speck
- 11th/12th Grade Rabbinic Cabinet with Rabbi Chuck
- Adult Bar/Bat Mitzvah Class TBA
- Minyan Makers – Monday and Wednesday mornings 7:30 a.m.
These are just a selection of some wonderful programming that we have to offer you. We have had a great new start to the New Year—I look forward to everyone being a part of this wonderful community as we move forward!